Well, not exactly. Those mountains happen to be in New Zealand, not in the Dolomites, which is where I spent five days skiing and enjoying the beauty, constantly reminded of what I now call 'The Lord of the Rings Mountains'. I was in the small town of Tarvisio, right in the northern nook of Italy, separated from both Austria and Slovenia only by the Dolomite mountains--in fact, I received the customary three text messages from Vodafone welcoming me to Slovenia when I reached the top of the ski mountain! And let me tell you, the top of the mountain is COMPLETELY worth the mind-numbing fear of making my slow, winding way back down the mountain.
After having not skied for at least five years, I made the very sane decision to go to the absolute peak of the mountain, despite the signs on the ski-lift labeling it an 'expert slope.' What convinced me was the sight, from the bottom of the mountain and masked in its shadow, of the ski-lift tracing the summit in an orange glow from the sun. Even from the bottom of the ski hill, one look to my left showed me jagged, towering mountains more beautiful than the hill itself, and I knew that getting to the very top would be worth any broken bones I might acquire along the way. My parents would probably agree that it wasn't the smartest decision I could have made, but the blue skies and the promise of a beautiful view were too tempting.
The peak of that mountain is one of the most perfectly beautiful places I have ever been. It's amazing that when you're in the presence of such earth-shatteringly natural beauty, you don't really care what you look like. I probably resembled some sort of Middle-Earth gremlin going down the flat slope at the top: my mismatched-and-borrowed ski gear, the wind whipping tears from my eyes and promptly freezing them on my cheeks, my arms flung out for balance, my teeth chattering, my eyes squinting, my back hunched, and my head turned completely to the side, my eyes never leaving the most beautiful mountains I've ever seen, conveniently located directly to my right. I literally felt as if I had been dropped into the scene of some epic National Geographic photo shoot. Coasting right long the line of the peak like I was some mountain god, I tiptoed on the tightrope of the summit, one quick peek to the left revealing the misty valleys and hills of Italy, a glance to the right showing me the blinding, glittering white of peak after peak after peak, and the bluest sky I've ever seen, and the icily majestic evergreens, with everything made even more colorfully glorious by the sun's fierce gaze.
The rest of my time in Tarvisio was also wonderful: taking hours to cook pasta and watch Harry Potter and High School Musical with my best friend in our apartment; New Year's Eve, filled with so many fireworks that I honestly got a bit nervous that one of them would accidentally hit a mountain and trigger an avalanche, just like in Mulan; an afternoon of fluffy snowfall and thick hot chocolate; a visit to a sled-dog school, complete with three-week old Husky puppies; exhilaratingly (read: terrifyingly) icy skiing; and a marvelous 19th birthday. But seeing those mountains was more than special.
Here's to a great 2011, even though I may be a week and a half late. And just because everyone needs a little Lord of the Rings every once in a while, here's the opening scene for those who want to watch it :] Love from Italy!
2
ReplyDeleteCHE FACEVA SESSO CON UN BAMBINO DI 11 ANNI A RAVENNA. COME AVRETE NOTATO NEL VIDEO, LA PEDOFILA TANTO QUANTO, ANSELMA DELL'OLIO, DAVA DEL GENIO AL SUO COMPARE PEDERASTA GIUSEPPE LAZZARI. IN QUANTO PARTE DELLA STESSA SETTA SATANISTA E PEDOFILESCA DI SILVIO BERLUSCONI, GIULIANO FERRARA, PAOLO BARRAI DI CRIMINALISSIMA WORLD MAN OPPORTUINITES LUGANO ED IL CITATO NOTO AVVOCATO SODOMIZZA BAMBINI: DANIELE MINOTTI DI GENOVA E RAPALLO, PURE AGENTE SEGRETO IN COPERTO, DI TIPO ASSASSINO. SI, ASSASSINO, PER OVRA E GESTAPO PUBBLICHE E PRIVATE DI SILVIO BERLUSCONI ( VOLETE PROVE ED INIDIZI? IAMM BELL, IA'....GUARDATE QUESTI LINKS, PLEASE.... GUARDATE COME STO PEDERASTA INCULA BAMBINI DI DANIELE MINOTTI, AVVOCATO CRIMINALISSIMO DI RAPALLO E GENOVA, SEMPRE DIFENDA SUOI DEPRAVATI "COLLEGHI", OSSIA VOMITEVOLI PEDOFILI COME LUI O COME DIFENDA STUPRATORI SESSUALI O IL FARE SESSO CON POCO PIU' CHE BAMBINI, IN GENERALE
http://www.lettera43.it/cronaca/adescava-minorenni-sul-web-miltare-a-processo_43675123449.htm
http://genova.repubblica.it/cronaca/2014/02/26/news/sesso_virtuale_in_cambio_di_soldi_per_videogame-79717213/
http://www.primocanale.it/notizie/accusato-di-adescare-minori-su-web-condanna-4-anni-e-4-mesi-142040.html
http://www.ilsecoloxix.it/p/genova/2008/08/14/ALZmws0B-denuncio_badante_sgozzata.shtml
http://www.ansa.it/liguria/notizie/2014/06/20/adescava-minori-sul-web-condannato_36c57304-90aa-4c7f-8463-c7d610ed10dd.html
http://iltirreno.gelocal.it/massa/cronaca/2013/04/19/news/casolare-a-luci-rosse-il-pm-7-anni-e-mezzo-all-ex-dipendente-nca-1.6917147
http://punto-informatico.it/1214697/PI/Commenti/legge-pedoweb-fumetti-assolti.aspx
E QUI A SEGUITO, LEGGETE, SEMPRE, PLEASE, LA TESTIMONIANZA DI STEFAN CUMESCU, CHE APPENA A 14 ANNI FU STUPRATO, FU SODOMIZZATO A SANGUE, FU SODOMIZZATO A MORTE, DAL BASTARDO NAZIPEDERASTA DANIELE MINOTTI, MASSONE NEO PIDUISTA, AVVOCATO DI INCULA RAGAZZINI, INCULA BAMBINI, COME DI MAFIOSI E CRIMINALI DI OGNI..
http://www.devsuperpage.com/search/Articles.aspx?hl=en&G=10&ArtID=1908142&KeyWords= ).
ED ECCO VARI TESTI CHE CHIARISCONO QUANTO IL REPELLENTE PEDOFILO INCULA BAMBINI, DANIELE MINOTTI STESSO, DA SEMPRE, RICICLI PURE SOLDI ASSASSINI DI COSA NOSTRA, CAMORRA E NDRANGHETA! A GO GO!
http://grokbase.com/t/python/python-list/148jckyh1w/avvocato-pedofilomosessuale-ed-assassino-daniele-minotti-facebook-oltre-che-nazi-megalava-euro-mafiosi-e-come-detto-mandante-di-omicidi-o-suicidate-stalker-di-eroe-civile-michele-nista-su-ordine-di-tiranno-fasciocamorrista-silvio-berlusconi
http://www.perl-tk.pw/2014/Sep/19/12201.html
http://www.nyg-forum.xyz/2014/Oct/26/357297.html
http://www.hardwaresystems.pw/2014/Sep/17/5.html
https://fcku.it/it.comp.console/thread/775860
http://www.nautica.pw/b01b8cd0d77fb08099b3337999773f7c956bd7271ebd73a0da189637.html
PRESTO SCRIVEREMO TANTISSIMO, GIORNO E NOTTE, A TURNO, PER DECENNI E DECENNI, GLI INTERI TESTI, (A) DEL POVERO EX BAMBINO STEFAN CUMESCU, SODOMIZZATO QUASI A MORTE, DAL VERMINOSO BASTARDO PEDOFILO AVVOCATO DANIELE MINOTTI DI RAPALLO, E (B) DI COME LO STESSO RICICLI CASH ASSASSINO, DI SACRA CORONA UNITA, COSA NOSTRA, CAMORRA E NDRANGHETA DA SEMPRE!!!
2
ReplyDeleteCHE FACEVA SESSO CON UN BAMBINO DI 11 ANNI A RAVENNA. COME AVRETE NOTATO NEL VIDEO, LA PEDOFILA TANTO QUANTO, ANSELMA DELL'OLIO, DAVA DEL GENIO AL SUO COMPARE PEDERASTA GIUSEPPE LAZZARI. IN QUANTO PARTE DELLA STESSA SETTA SATANISTA E PEDOFILESCA DI SILVIO BERLUSCONI, GIULIANO FERRARA, PAOLO BARRAI DI CRIMINALISSIMA WORLD MAN OPPORTUINITES LUGANO ED IL CITATO NOTO AVVOCATO SODOMIZZA BAMBINI: DANIELE MINOTTI DI GENOVA E RAPALLO, PURE AGENTE SEGRETO IN COPERTO, DI TIPO ASSASSINO. SI, ASSASSINO, PER OVRA E GESTAPO PUBBLICHE E PRIVATE DI SILVIO BERLUSCONI ( VOLETE PROVE ED INIDIZI? IAMM BELL, IA'....GUARDATE QUESTI LINKS, PLEASE.... GUARDATE COME STO PEDERASTA INCULA BAMBINI DI DANIELE MINOTTI, AVVOCATO CRIMINALISSIMO DI RAPALLO E GENOVA, SEMPRE DIFENDA SUOI DEPRAVATI "COLLEGHI", OSSIA VOMITEVOLI PEDOFILI COME LUI O COME DIFENDA STUPRATORI SESSUALI O IL FARE SESSO CON POCO PIU' CHE BAMBINI, IN GENERALE
http://www.lettera43.it/cronaca/adescava-minorenni-sul-web-miltare-a-processo_43675123449.htm
http://genova.repubblica.it/cronaca/2014/02/26/news/sesso_virtuale_in_cambio_di_soldi_per_videogame-79717213/
http://www.primocanale.it/notizie/accusato-di-adescare-minori-su-web-condanna-4-anni-e-4-mesi-142040.html
http://www.ilsecoloxix.it/p/genova/2008/08/14/ALZmws0B-denuncio_badante_sgozzata.shtml
http://www.ansa.it/liguria/notizie/2014/06/20/adescava-minori-sul-web-condannato_36c57304-90aa-4c7f-8463-c7d610ed10dd.html
http://iltirreno.gelocal.it/massa/cronaca/2013/04/19/news/casolare-a-luci-rosse-il-pm-7-anni-e-mezzo-all-ex-dipendente-nca-1.6917147
http://punto-informatico.it/1214697/PI/Commenti/legge-pedoweb-fumetti-assolti.aspx
E QUI A SEGUITO, LEGGETE, SEMPRE, PLEASE, LA TESTIMONIANZA DI STEFAN CUMESCU, CHE APPENA A 14 ANNI FU STUPRATO, FU SODOMIZZATO A SANGUE, FU SODOMIZZATO A MORTE, DAL BASTARDO NAZIPEDERASTA DANIELE MINOTTI, MASSONE NEO PIDUISTA, AVVOCATO DI INCULA RAGAZZINI, INCULA BAMBINI, COME DI MAFIOSI E CRIMINALI DI OGNI..
http://www.devsuperpage.com/search/Articles.aspx?hl=en&G=10&ArtID=1908142&KeyWords= ).
ED ECCO VARI TESTI CHE CHIARISCONO QUANTO IL REPELLENTE PEDOFILO INCULA BAMBINI, DANIELE MINOTTI STESSO, DA SEMPRE, RICICLI PURE SOLDI ASSASSINI DI COSA NOSTRA, CAMORRA E NDRANGHETA! A GO GO!
http://grokbase.com/t/python/python-list/148jckyh1w/avvocato-pedofilomosessuale-ed-assassino-daniele-minotti-facebook-oltre-che-nazi-megalava-euro-mafiosi-e-come-detto-mandante-di-omicidi-o-suicidate-stalker-di-eroe-civile-michele-nista-su-ordine-di-tiranno-fasciocamorrista-silvio-berlusconi
http://www.perl-tk.pw/2014/Sep/19/12201.html
http://www.nyg-forum.xyz/2014/Oct/26/357297.html
http://www.hardwaresystems.pw/2014/Sep/17/5.html
https://fcku.it/it.comp.console/thread/775860
http://www.nautica.pw/b01b8cd0d77fb08099b3337999773f7c956bd7271ebd73a0da189637.html
PRESTO SCRIVEREMO TANTISSIMO, GIORNO E NOTTE, A TURNO, PER DECENNI E DECENNI, GLI INTERI TESTI, (A) DEL POVERO EX BAMBINO STEFAN CUMESCU, SODOMIZZATO QUASI A MORTE, DAL VERMINOSO BASTARDO PEDOFILO AVVOCATO DANIELE MINOTTI DI RAPALLO, E (B) DI COME LO STESSO RICICLI CASH ASSASSINO, DI SACRA CORONA UNITA, COSA NOSTRA, CAMORRA E NDRANGHETA DA SEMPRE!!!