I had a good day at school, despite not understanding a thing in my Literature Class (we were going over Latin grammar) or the architechture-esque Art History and Design Class. I have to say, it's thanks to the really nice and welcoming people in my class that school is so enjoyable!
After getting home from school today, I had a delicious pasta lunch, thanks to Chef Checca, and then: I went out. Not really knowing what I was going to do, I headed out with just myself and my lovely new camera, Albus. For two hours I roamed the city, enjoying the absolutely gorgeous weather and wonderful scenery that Trieste provided. My route started at the harbor, one block away from my apartment, and I walked down the street smelling the sea. Next up was a Greek Orthodox Church, then the Piazza Sant Antonio, and then downtown Trieste: the shopping area. After a minor detour at H&M (Mama, Daddy, don't worry, I didn't buy anything) I climbed a few small hills behind the ancient Roman theater and reached the top after navigating my way through a quiet residential area that made me feel like I was in the middle of the countryside: the colorful apartments spilling over with flowers, elderly women reaching out their windows to hang laundry, and winding cobblestone streets complete with stray cats. Continuing my trek uphill, I found a photographer's paradise. The sunset over the distant sea was casting a beautiful glow over the stone staircase of a neighborhood park, and I was occupied for quite some time trying to capture the beauty. Then, finding my way home through more winding streets.
Now, I'm sitting in my room listening to one of my favorite songs [Bold as Love, Jimi Hendrix (instrumental version)] and smelling the wonderful aroma of couscous as Checca works her magic in the kitchen. I've gotta say, life is pretty good right now :]
Here's the link to the new photo album I just put up. All of the pictures are from today's little jaunt through Trieste. I hope you enjoy them!
Ciao e baci grandi :]
That sounds amazing! Also, I love the pics :)
ReplyDeleteAnother lovely post! I have never been to Italy, but I feel like I have after reading this post. It was fun to talk to you today and we should carry through with the little care package idea, if postage isn't too expensive.
ReplyDeleteKramar,
Martha